Thursday, February 3, 2011

Epic

If you were not at Lizotte’s last night you just can’t imagine what you missed.

Matt Zarb and 16 year old Minnie Marks had their guitars ripping out the music. My god for one so young hell she can play. And Matt, awesome.

There was a special guest in the audience, a friend of Matts. He called him up onto the stage and asked him to give an unscheduled performance. We sat there in awe as Daryl Lovegrove performed Nessun Dorma

It was incredible.

What a voice. What a bonus for the evening. He received a standing ovation.


In one of Daryl's motivational speeches he askes 'What is it about Nessun Dorma?' Then he tells us 'It is the closest piece of music man has ever come up with that parallels the act of lovemaking. Well for one thing it only takes about two and a half minutes.'



I was having a ball. After his set Matt came down and introduced himself to me and had a quick chat. Then it was time for the Hussy Hicks.

They were smooth and laid back to begin. Leesa Gentz has an incredible voice. Further into the set they upped the stakes. The place was kicking along.

Then they pulled out one of my favorite songs. Never expected this from such a young group. Now you know how, very often, you find no one can sing a song better than the original artist. Well not so in this case.

Hussy Hicks had ‘Ghost Riders in the Sky’ belting through that room, it was epic.

What a night!

Matty came down again after the show and had another chat. He is a really nice guy.

I’ve still got “Ghost Rider’ swimming around in my head, I just can’t believe how well those girls performed it, again I say, epic!

Having such a great night, I'm still on a high. I don't know how I am going to get any sleep.

No comments: